24 June 2020
All have been recognised in the 2020 Pride in the Job Quality Awards for their contribution to creating homes of exceptional quality. The Pride in the Job Awards, now in their 40th year, are one of the highest industry accolades a site manager can receive.
A total of 11,000 site managers across the UK were assessed this year, with only 450 winners selected, putting those awarded in the industry’s top four per cent who demonstrate the passion, commitment and leadership to deliver new homes to the highest possible standards.
The winners will now go through to the next stage of the competition, the Seal of Excellence, which will be announced later this year.
Kevin Whitaker, CALA Homes’ chief executive, comments: “These awards recognise an unwavering commitment to creating homes of the highest standard and are testament to the hard work of our site managers, as well as their wider teams and subcontractor partners.
“The past few months have been challenging for us all, but the commitment of our teams to deliver the best possible homes for our customers has not diminished. My thanks go to all the CALA site teams who have been recognised this year, for taking pride in the job and delivering excellence on a daily basis.”
As well as undergoing spot checks of the day-to-day running of their site, each site manager is assessed across 37 different areas of site management, including technical knowledge, quality and consistency.
The winning CALA Homes site managers are:
- Mark Foley, The Crescent at Donaldson’s, Edinburgh
- Craig Donaldson, Boroughmuir, Edinburgh
- Ian Malcolm, Law Gardens, East Lothian
- Kenny Reid, Ravelrig Heights, Balerno
- Alex Sinnet, Kingfisher Park, Balerno
- Ian Welsh, Waterfront Plaza, Edinburgh
- Brian Griffin, 59 Lansdown, Cheltenham
- Ryan Lewis, Burrow Hill Park, Burton Green, Warwickshire
- Craig Taylor, Priors Crescent, Salford Priors, Worcestershire
- Fred Anderson, Mains of Grandhome, Bridge of Don
- Ross Black, Craibstone Estate, Aberdeen
- Marcus Paterson, Cults Park, Aberdeen
- Rob Swanson, Milltimber Manor, Aberdeen
- Alan Whitelaw, The Grove, Inverurie
- Dennis Howard, Audley Chase, Earls Colne, Colchester
- Alastair Campbell, Mindenhurst, Deepcut, Surrey
- John O’Brien, Gilchrist Gardens, Erskine