Bourne Meadow, Chertsey
A development of three, four and five bedroom townhouses and one and two bedroom apartments adjacent to the River Bourne, Chertsey.
This site had a history of severe flooding in recent years and our development solution enabled the local authority to relocate over 160 mobile homes at serious risk from the high water levels to a safer environment.
Our development of 68 new properties, all with individual means of dry escape in the event of flooding, met with the full approval of the Environment Agency and our remedial works to the area resulted in our development being the only area adjacent to the river not to flood in the heavy rains of January 2005.
This Case Study illustrates:
- CALA's ability to deal with flood risk issues successfully and to enhance a previously blighted area.
- Working closely with the local authority to remove the risk facing existing residents.
- Our ability to deliver on the most complicated of land deals where other developers had previously failed.
- Testament to our speed and commitment with detailed planning consent being secured in under a year.
- The ability to work with the Environment Agency.
- Patience and durability, with 167 separate land deals being necessary before development could proceed.