With the introduction of the Government-backed NewBuy scheme, 95% mortgages are now available at all CALA developments in England. You would only need a 5% deposit to secure your dream CALA home.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT NEWBUY
- NewBuy is a government-backed scheme which makes 90% to 95% mortgages available on new build homes
- All you would potentially need to secure your new home is between a 5% and 10% deposit
- The Government and CALA Homes contribute to an insurance policy which allows mortgage lenders to provide these loans
- The mortgage is exactly the same as any normal mortgage as far as you the purchaser is concerned. There is no second charge over your home and you are responsible for repayments just like any other mortgage.
- NewBuy is available to all first time buyers and existing home owners (not investors or second home owners)
- The scheme is only available at CALA developments in England up to the value of £500,000*
- CALA will put you in contact with an Independent Financial Advisor who will help you to discover whether you would qualify for a NewBuy mortgage and take you through the application process. Like any other mortgage application, the lenders will do credit checks and assess your affordability level and eligibility.
- NewBuy is only available on your primary home it cannot be used to buy a second home or subsequent homes or buy-to-let property.
- The scheme is available on both apartments and houses.
- Only available to UK citizens or those with indefinite leave in the UK.
- Cannot be used on shared ownership or shared equity properties
- NewBuy is only available on capital repayment mortgages and is not available for interest-only mortgages.
- You must find your own deposit. NewBuy is not available where your deposit is being funded in whole or in part by a local authority or any other public authority
- NewBuy cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, or with part exchange.
So, if you’re interested in finding out more about NewBuy mortgages either register here or call or visit one of our developments and we will put you in touch with a dedicated Independent Financial Advisor who can tell you more. All you to do, is ask.
Click here to register your interest.