CALA’s proposals include:
- A new South Western Relief Road, which would help reduce traffic congestion in and around Stratford-upon-Avon
- Improvements to the B4632 at Clifford Chambers
- Contributions towards further road improvements to the B4632 as part of a Section 106 agreement
- Additional contributions towards the Stratford Transport Plan
- A sustainable transport plan to encourage local level trips via walking and cycling, with longer distance trips via cycling and buses
Transport impact assessment
We have worked in partnership with Warwickshire County Council to assess the impact that our development would have on the highway network. The results showed that not only could the highways accommodate 3,500 new homes and a business park, the package of infrastructure improvements we would deliver would help improve capacity and journey times in and around Stratford, even in the morning and evening peak hours.
An updated transport impact assessment will be submitted with our application in due course.
We will also explore the unique opportunity that the site has in relation to its proximity to the Stratford Greenway, which has the potential to provide a traffic-free route directly into Stratford-upon-Avon. CALA commissioned a concept report into rail link corridors from Long Marston to Stratford-upon-Avon, which proposes a number of options for rail provision that we would be happy to discuss further with local stakeholders.