The Benefits of Buying New

From brand new fixtures and fittings to energy efficiency, the benefits of buying new are plain to see. By purchasing a new-build home, a host of advantages can be enjoyed that wouldn’t otherwise be available if moving to a second-hand counterpart. Here, Stala Thomson, Regional Sales and Marketing Director at award-winning housebuilder Cala Homes, discusses the benefits of buying new at Carmel Meadows and Hopefield Grange.

High spec as standard
Unlike their second-hand counterparts, new-build homes come with the assurance of being built to a modern specification and to the latest building and energy standards. Central heating, double glazing, high-quality insulation and quality fitted bathrooms and kitchens, complete with integrated appliances, tend to come as standard in new build properties – meaning there are no unwanted surprises left by previous owners when you move in.

Detailed design
At Cala, we pride ourselves on creating imaginatively designed homes that maximise light and space. Generous and open-plan layouts – particularly in the kitchen, dining areas and garden rooms – are perfect for busy family life. Separate sittings rooms provide more formal spaces and dedicated study areas reflect an increasing trend for more home working. Clever storage is also factored into many of our homes, from cloakrooms and built-in storage cupboards to fitted wardrobes and dressing rooms.

Embracing energy efficiency
Today’s new build homes are built to be much more energy-efficient than older homes – meaning they’re cheaper to run, and are much more environmentally-friendly. Double-glazed windows, efficient boilers, water-saving systems and quality insulation all contribute to new build homes in the UK being around 50% cheaper to run that the equivalent Victorian house, and 65% more energy efficient. This can represent an annual saving of around £1,500 for a standard four-bedroom detached home.

Peace of mind
Buying a house is a big investment, so it’s only natural to want reassurances that any issues that arise will be swiftly dealt with. The NHBC provides a warranty that covers 80% of the new build market, with the Local Authority Building Control Warranty (LABC) and Premier Guarantee covering the remaining 20%. What’s more, Cala homes come with the 10-year NHBC Buildmark Warranty, a 24-hour response service for emergencies and a two-year after-sales service for all new purchasers.

Incentives
Unlike when buying a second-hand home, there are a whole host of incentives to help you when purchasing a new build home. From deposit contributions and added fixtures and fittings to Part Exchange and Assisted Move schemes making the whole process more hassle-free, there’s plenty of practical and financial support available.

Location, location, location
Finally, when you’re looking for a new build home you can be assured that the housebuilder has carried out plenty of research into finding the ideal location – making new developments so much more than just places to live. Carmel Meadows and Hopefield Grange are positioned close to a whole host of amenities and green open spaces have good transport links and are near to schools.

Stamp your style
And let’s not forget, buying a new home provides an instant blank canvas upon which to stamp your own style and personality. Even at the point of purchase, you can customise your home by choosing the cabinets, tiles and flooring to suit you, depending on the build stage at which you are buying. Having the freedom to personalise your own space can bring out the interior designer in you and the stunning showhomes at these developments will be sure to provide plenty of inspiration.

 

Find out more about the new build homes at Carmel Meadows and Hopefield Grange.

Cala News & Lifestyle

The design of a home doesn’t stop at the door... We are passionate about sustainable and inclusive communities. Our homes look good together, mature well over time and sit well within their surroundings.
Why you should move to the Hertfordshire village of Ickleford

Why you should move to the Hertfordshire village of Ickleford

The Great Escape: Hybrid working couple chooses St Neots over London

The Great Escape: Hybrid working couple chooses St Neots over London

Cala's guide to Spring activities in Essex

Cala's guide to Spring activities in Essex

Social Spotlight: Mya Linklater

Social Spotlight: Mya Linklater

Arrow up
CALA Homes