What is 'Stamp Duty'?

Stamp Duty Tax in England | Land and Buildings Transaction Tax in Scotland

When you buy a property in Scotland or England, you usually pay tax on it. In England, this tax is known as 'Stamp Duty' whilst in Scotland, this is now known as 'Land and Buildings Transaction Tax' (or LBTT). 

Stamp duty can add thousands of pounds onto a homebuyer's costs, but Cala is here to help you understand and calculate the cost depending on whether this is your first, next or an additional property, and depending on the price of the property you hope to buy. 

Where are you looking to buy?

Calculate the costs


Find out more about Land and Building Transaction Tax on the Government website.

CALA Homes