Following extensive consultation with Alton Town Council, the Alton Society, East Hampshire District Council, and the wider community, we are now ready to submit our updated proposals.
We would like to thank everyone who has helped us shape our plans for the regeneration of this key site in the centre of Alton.
Our Revised Plans
The redevelopment of the Brewery site will bring a range of substantial benefits to both Alton and the wider area, which include:
- The redevelopment of a large brownfield site into a high quality, sympathetic and enhanced landscaped development
- The provision of 220 new homes to the town, including 40% affordable homes – half of which will be for social rent and half for shared ownership
- A Community Centre, for new and local residents
- An economic contribution of £780,000 to be used by the Council to support existing or new programmes carried out by the Council and to assist the unemployed into local jobs
- The opening up of the River Wey walk, creating a landscaped walk from the town centre to King’s Pond and beyond, with areas for play
- A 70-bed Care Home and associated Extra Care living complex of 58 homes
- The conversion of Culverton House to 5 apartments
Responding to Feedback
Following feedback received from a number of organisations and individuals, including East Hampshire District Council and the Alton Society, we have made a number of changes to the proposals for the Alton Brewery. We feel that these amendments both reflect the suggestions made throughout the consultation process and have, in our view, improved the quality of the scheme.
Whilst our revised plans have not been formally resubmitted you can view our updated Design & Access statement and illustrative site layout.
See the link for a presentation on our revised proposals.
We are looking forward to starting on site and begin the work of transforming this brownfield site into a new place where people can live, work and play. Below is our expected timeline over the coming months.
July 2020 – Submission of revised Plans to East Hampshire District Council
August 2020 – East Hampshire District Council formal public consultation
October 2020 – East Hampshire District Council Determine Application
April 2021– Estimated start on site
Get in Touch
If you have any questions about our updated plans for the Alton Brewery site, then please contact our project team on 0800 6895209 or email email@example.com