Barton Farm, Winchester
Barton Farm will be a sustainable new suburb to the North of Winchester, which will be integrated with the city centre and the neighbouring communities. It will include 2,000 private and affordable homes, a primary school, a community centre, public open space, sports pitches, children's play areas, a village green and a town square.
We have now received reserved matters approval from Winchester City Council to build the first 423 homes in Phases 1A and 1B at Barton Farm.
Our vision is to create a development that will:
- Enhance the city and be a place where people will want to live and visit
- Achieve the highest standards of urban design with a strong sense of identity.
- Draw on the best qualities of Winchester's existing suburbs, yet have a distinct character true to its time.
- Have an identifiable 'heart' providing a mix of facilities and services for its residents and the wider community.
- Create a new community, accommodating a diverse population living in a variety of housing, where active public engagement, local governance and the opportunities for entrepreneurship will be promoted.
- Be a low carbon development that reduces energy consumption and use of resources and promotes energy efficiency and passive design.
- Provide alternatives to travelling by car through excellent public transport accessibility, footways, paths and cycle links.
- Be structured around a network of green infrastructure that defines the northern edge to the city, is in keeping with the existing landscape character and topography, increases bio-diversity and incorporates sustainable urban drainage.
- Be safe and inclusive, integrating with Henry Beaufort School to ensure it is at the heart of north Winchester.
This website will be updated throughout the course of the project to provide the latest information on the progress of Barton Farm. If you have a question for the project team, you can email us at email@example.com.