Long Marston Airfield
CALA Homes is proposing a major new community on brownfield land at Long Marston Airfield, near Stratford-upon-Avon, which would help to address the district's long term housing need and deliver significant economic benefits.
CALA's vision is for a brand new community, which offers people the opportunity to live, work and play.
It would also include a new South Western Relief Road, to help reduce traffic congestion in and around Stratford-upon-Avon.
Our proposal includes:
- 3,500 new homes on one brownfield site
- A new South Western Relief Road, to help improve traffic in and around Stratford town centre
- Two new primary schools and a new secondary school
- A number of thriving local centres with shops, cafes, a community centre, GP surgery and a library
- A new office park with super-fast broadband
- Outdoor sports pitches, children's play areas, informal green open space and wildlife corridors
In addition, CALA’s development would deliver:
- A new South Western Relief Road, which would help to reduce traffic congestion in and around Stratford-upon-Avon
- Additional contributions towards the Stratford Transport Package
- The creation of thousands of jobs on the development site
- Approximately 450 direct construction jobs over the 20 year length of the build
- Significant revenue generation through New Homes Bonus, additional Council Tax revenues and Business Rate revenues