We’ve overhauled our move-in day essentials to encourage our customers to make greener choices in line with our Sustainability Strategy and our commitment to making a positive impact on the environment.
We have partnered with brands that share our ethos of being better for people and the planet, with the aim of reducing plastic and waste wherever possible.
- Bumboo toilet paper - a tree-free tissue that is kind to the environment and made with 100% bamboo.
- smol laundry and dishwasher tablets – their cleaning products aim to vastly reduce the amount of plastic and chemicals used around the home.
- Clipper Teas is fiercely committed to being organic and their teabags are plastic-free and fully biodegradable.
- A stove top kettle so you can start with a nice warm cuppa before you unpack your things on move in day.
- A box of Walkers shortbread – a nod to our Scottish heritage.
- Scottish Fine Soaps recently launched hand soap in fully recyclable packaging made from 100% recycled bottles.
- A bathroom hand towel made from unbleached, undyed cotton.
This is all in addition to our ever-popular room diffuser house warming gift by Jo Malone.
The Welcome Pack also includes helpful information to encourage our customers to make small changes in their day-to-day lives to help the planet, including some introductory discounts for convenient items around their new home.
Our partner Wildlife World hosts a range of items to help establish wildlife in the garden. Customers can claim a £25 E-gift card to purchase a little something for their new garden and join us on our biodiversity journey. For even more tips, see our blog on helping wildlife and plantlife flourish in your garden.
Stewart Ingram, Group Customer Service Director at Cala Homes, said: “We hope that this small gesture will go a long way towards making our customers feel truly welcome upon arriving in their new Cala home.
“The Welcome Pack reflects our Sustainability Strategy and our goal of creating a more environmentally responsible future.
“That includes encouraging our customers to play their own part, so we wanted to share some helpful tips, tools and products to help make sustainable choices in their Cala home.
“We’re delighted to team up with a great variety of eco-conscious brands that also want to create positive change.”
Be sure to check out our lifestyle blog for regular updates on our Sustainability Strategy and ways in which you can get settled in comfortably to your Cala home.